PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PAPERS
CILC 2018 – 33rd Italian Conference on Computational Logic
Bolzano, Italy, September 20-22, 2018
CILC (Italian Conference on Computational Logic) is the annual conference organized by GULP (Group of researchers and Users of Logic Programming, www.programmazionelogica.it).
Its 33rd edition will be held in Bolzano (Italy) on September 20-22, 2018.
Since the first event of the series, which took place in Genoa in 1986, the annual GULP conference represents the main opportunity for users, researchers and developers working in the field of computational logic to meet and exchange ideas.
Over the years the conference broadened its horizons from the specific field of logic programming to include declarative programming and applications in neighboring areas such as artificial intelligence and deductive databases.
The conference will feature presentations of refereed contributions, including the demonstration of software prototypes, concerning all aspects of computational logic.
The conference invites two types of submissions:
- full papers, possibly already submitted to other conferences or journals, andshort papers, to present work in progress, software prototypes, exte
- nded abstracts of doctoral theses, or general overviews of research projects.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Logic programming, constraint programming and other paradigms of declarative programming
– Extensions and integration of declarative programming paradigms
– Abductive logic programming
– Analysis, transformation, validation, and verification of programs
– Answer set programming
– Applications of computational logic
– Approximate reasoning
– Automated reasoning
– Computational logic and formal methods
– Computational logic for concurrency, coordination, mobility and objects
– Deductive Databases
– Description logics
– Knowledge extraction
– Inductive Logic Programming
– Instruments and environments for program development
– Implementations and benchmarking
– Knowledge representation and reasoning
– Model checking
– Model-based reasoning
– Multiagent systems
– Natural language processing
– Non-monotonic reasoning
– Pedagogy of computational Logic
– Planning and scheduling
– Probabilistic logic programming
– Reasoning about actions
– Semantic web
– Spatial and temporal logics
– Strategic reasoning
Abstract, paper, and demo submission deadline: 15 June 2017
Notification of acceptance: 30 July 2018
Camera-ready paper deadline: 29 August 2018
Conference: 20-22 September 2018
Authors are invited to submit their manuscripts in PDF via the EasyChair systemat the link:
Articles must not exceed 15 pages for full papers and 5 pages for short papers, respectively.
Manuscripts should be formatted using the Springer LNCS style.
To ease the reviewing process, the authors of regular papers may add an appendix (although reviewers are not required to consider it in their evaluation). All contributions must be written in English.
We invite submissions of system or prototype software descriptions that use techniques or tools of computational logic, or that themselves aid the development of applications based on omputational logic. Systems of both research and industrial character are welcome. Submissions must include a brief description, prepared according to the guidelines given for short papers, and a specification of the required hardware and software equipment.
For each accepted contribution, at least one of the authors is required to attend the conference and present the paper. The event is organized by GULP. Therefore, Italian attendants are required to be members of GULP (it is possible to join GULP at the conference).
Papers accepted for presentation at the conference (both full and short) will be published on CEUR-WS.org.
Following the CILC tradition, we plan to publish a selection of the best papers in a special issue of Fundamenta Informaticae.
PROGRAM AND ORGANIZATION CHAIR
Marco Montali (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
Paolo Felli (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
The conference will take place at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Piazza Università 1, 39100, Bolzano.